JDTP is a recognized leader for providing comprehensive, specialized and highly concentrated legal services for all aspects of a real estate transaction. Given our vast knowledge and experience with complex real estate deals, we understand that every transaction presents different issues and challenges that require a flexible and business oriented approach. At JDTP, we also have the capacity, experience and resources to assist our clients with a diverse number of issues that may arise in conjunction with each transaction, including land use, corporate, subdivision, employment, environmental, litigation and tax law. We apply our knowledge and experience to help our clients with a broad spectrum of real estate transactions, including the following:
- Acquisition and Disposition - Counsel clients in connection with the negotiation, documentation, due diligence, and financing of the acquisition and sale of improved and unimproved property, office, retail, industrial, and commercial projects, mortgage loans, REO properties, and real estate portfolios.
- Construction and Development - Represent developers, property owners, investors, and financial institutions in residential, commercial, industrial, and retail construction and development projects, and counsel clients in drafting and negotiating construction contracts, subcontracts, architect agreements, other construction and design related agreements and consultant agreements.
- Finance - Represent borrowers and institutional lenders in connection with structuring, negotiating, and documenting secured commercial real estate loans, including development, construction, bridge, and permanent loans.
- Joint Ventures - Represent developers, landowners, equity investors, and other clients in structuring and negotiating limited liability company operating agreements, limited and general partnership agreements, and other real estate development and investment vehicles.
- Leasing - Represent landlords and tenants in structuring, negotiating, and documenting leases for office, retail, industrial, and commercial space, as well as extensive experience representing land developers and landowners in ground lease transactions.
- Loan Workouts - Represent lenders, borrowers, receivers, developers, equity partners, and other investors in workouts, receiverships, and foreclosure proceedings relating to commercial loans.
- Master Planned Communities - Represent master-planned community developers in preparing and negotiating documentation for the sale of lots to merchant builders, as well as representing merchant builders who acquire property in master planned communities.
- Receiverships - Counsel receivers in connection with the establishment and administration of receiverships.